Home of the
Penns Valley Area Historical Museum
244 West Aaron Square - Aaronsburg, PA 16820
The museum is open for the season every Saturday from 1-4 PM through October!
The museum is located at 244 West Aaron Square in Aaronsburg, PA, along State Route 45.
See You at the Grange Fair
The Museum will have a stand at the 140th Annual Centre County Grange Encampment and Fair, August 21-28 in Centre Hall. Our booth is in Building 12. We have new items for sale this year! The new plaque is the Grange Fair Train Station, formerly THE mode of transport into and out of the annual event for most fairgoers. A limited number of Fye's Frosty Stop and a new, customized puzzle featuring the iconic Round Barn, made exclusively for the Museum will be available while supplies last. All make a thoughtful gift for those you love!
Grange Fair Train Station plaque is $22 for non-members, $20 for members
Fye's Frosty Cub and Round Barn Puzzle are $25 each.
We will also have tickets available for our Fall History Dinner coming October 23rd.
Our 2014 Exhibits: [Preview now]
1. Celebrating 140 years of the Grange Fair
2. Early school days-Penn Township-includes Coburn and Millheim
3. Penns Valley vintage postcards- private collection of Jim And Paula Smith Existing exhibits are:
4. Civil War-150th anniversary
5. Girl Scouts-100th anniversary
6. Vintage teddy bears
7. Aaronsburg Story
8. Ruth Rudy's Collection of memorabilia as Representative for the 171st district in the General Assembly for 14 years.
New plaque to be announced
Grange Fair and raffle
Dutch Fall Festival October 11 & 12 we will again be selling our famous apple dumplings